Sunday, October 25, 2015

Myriad Momentous Moments


Apple Orchard for the Ancient Cidery at Glastonbury Abbey
Gillian Cornwall, c. September 2015

Recently, with increasing conviction, I feel as though I have won life's lottery in the form of myriad momentous moments. These are of the greatest value and have zero potential for depreciation. 

Certainly, living in the present was rather easy to accomplish while away in the UK and, as I wrote last week, I have chosen not to return to my old routine, rather I have engaged on a clearer path with a propensity for positive thought. I am astounded by the revolutionary, full circle delight of being present and accounted for in each moment of my life without apology for what those moments bring to me and wash away, like a perfect tidal treasure. 

The very definition of the word, momentous, indicates to me that each and every moment is momentous because each and every moment impacts all of time and space by what occurs within it. How we behave with ourselves and one another in each of these moments has a ripple effect throughout time. 

Do you know the expression, 'you can't unring a bell'? Well, that applies to each of our moments, as they careen outwards from us and inwards towards us throughout time, as inextricable from us as our own heartbeats. So, live well in each of your momentous moments and share them with gratitude. Being kind to one another now will help with the creation of a future of kindness. 

Savour your moments of joy, passion, heartache, despair, loss and love, for each one surely means we have the gift of life within us. 

-Gillian Cornwall, c. October 25, 2015

A cottage garden - Stow on the Wold, England
Gillian Cornwall, c. September 2015


No comments: